}

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

MISS FORTUNE SENDS A FOIA: How Will The Grand Traverse Academy Board Respond?

There is a silver lining to the dark cloud represented by the threatening letter delivered to my former Novi condo—and it's spelled F-O-I-A!




Now that my identity has been revealed, I'm free to FOIA...and I've only just begun.

The image above shows the header of this morning's email (due to the ongoing law enforcement investigation, I've redacted my personal email address), and the rest follows:

In addition, I am requesting copies of the Grand Traverse Academy’s fiscal audits for these years:

Year ending June 30, 2000
Year ending June 30, 2001
Year ending June 30, 2002
Year ending June 30, 2003
Year ending June 30, 2004
Year ending June 30, 2005
Year ending June 30, 2006

If there are any fees for searching or copying these records, please inform me if the cost will exceed $25.00.  However, I would also like to request a waiver of all fees in that the disclosure of the requested information is in the public interest and will contribute significantly to the public’s understanding of the Dr. Steven Ingersoll’s upcoming federal fraud trial, his $2.38 million dollar Grand Traverse Academy overpayment and the $1.6 million dollars still owed to the Academy by Ingersoll.

As the editor of the blog, “Glistening, Quivering Underbelly”, I have written extensively about Ingersoll’s fee overpayment, breaking the news in a post on April 13th.


This information is not being sought for commercial purposes.

The Michigan Freedom of Information Act requires a response to this request within five days.  If access to the records I am requesting will take longer than this amount of time, please contact me with information about when I might expect copies of the requested records.

If you deny any or all of this request, please cite each specific exemption you feel justifies the refusal to release the information and notify me of the appeal procedures available to me under the law.

Thank you for considering my request.

Sincerely,

Anita Senkowski

No comments:

Post a Comment